If you are having trouble accessing or using your Yahoo Mail account on Android, there can be numerous reasons responsible for it. To know how to fix Yahoo Mail not working on Android, you can consider the following troubleshooting steps.
Guide to Fix Yahoo Mail Not Working on Android Problem
Below are the different workarounds that can help you fix the various Yahoo Mail problems you face on your Android device.
NOTE: The first thing you will need to make sure before following the instructions provided below is that you are using the latest version of the Yahoo Mail app on your device.
- App is Function Slow, Freezing, or Crashing
If your Yahoo Mail app for Android is working slowly, or it is freezing or crashing frequently, you can fix the problem by following these workarounds.
- Make sure that the operating system of your Android device is running with the latest version.
- Make sure to clear the app data and cache of the Yahoo Mail app. To do so, go to Settings>Apps>Manage apps>Yahoo Mail>Clear Data.
- Next, you will need to Force stop and restart the app. For this, go to Settings>Apps>Manage apps>Yahoo Mail>Force Stop. After force stopping the app, restart it, and see if the problem is cleared or not.
- If the problem persists, consider uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
- Also, you can reach your device manufacturer for relevant steps to fix app issues for your particular device.
- Some Features Missing on Mobile Device
If you are unable to find some of the Yahoo Mail features in your Android mobile application, you need not worry as certain Yahoo product features are only available in the desktop browser version. Some of the features that you may not find in the app are:
- Send to a contact list
- Blocking email addresses
- Option to view full email headers
- Creating vacation responses feature
To access these features, it is suggested to access your Yahoo Mail account using a desktop browser.
- Unable to Access Network
Another thing that can be the reason for Yahoo Mail issues on your Android device is not having a proper internet connection. If the internet you are using on your Android device is disconnecting frequently or if your device is not within the range (in the case of WiFi network), your Yahoo Mail account will not work properly on your Android device. It is, therefore, necessary to always make sure that your device is properly connected to an internet network, and it is functioning without any interruption.
- Check App Permissions
When you install an app, there are certain permissions you are prompted to allow the application to have access to. These permissions are generally the settings that allow an app to connect to other information on your device. Similarly, the Yahoo Mail app also required permission on your Android device for certain information. Therefore, it is suggested to review permission for Android apps to make sure they are enabled.
- Unable to Access Your Account
If you are unable to access your Yahoo Mail account using the login credentials, then either you are entering the incorrect username or password, or your account has been hacked by someone. If you have been entering the correct login information but can’t sign in to your account, then it is most likely that someone gained access to your account and changed the password. In such a case, the only way to regain control of your account is by resetting your Yahoo Mail account password. To reset the password, follow these steps:
- Open a supported web browser on your desktop and go to the Yahoo Mail sign-in page.
- On the sign-in page, enter your Yahoo User ID and press the Next On the next screen, select the checkbox next to I’m not a robot option if prompted.
- Next, you will need to select the forgotten password Doing so will direct you to the next screen where you will be asked to verify your identity as the rightful owner of the account using one of the account recovery options (phone or email address).
NOTE: Account recovery options include a phone number and/or email address associated with your Yahoo Mail account. A security code is sent on your selected option which you need to enter on the subsequent page on your screen.
- Once you received the security code (8-character code) on your selected phone number or email address, you will need to enter it on your screen and press the Verify.
- Once the code will get verified successfully, you will be allowed to create a new password for your Yahoo Mail account.
- Enter the new password in the prompted field and press the Continue After that, simply review the account recovery options and make the desired changes. Then, you can easily access your Yahoo Mail account.
- After resetting the password successfully, you can easily access your Yahoo Mail account on your Android device.
So, these are the workarounds that you will need to follow to fix Yahoo Mail not working on Android.
If you are unable to fix issues with your Yahoo Mail account on your Android device, feel free to reach our Yahoo customer support team. Our customer support executives are available 24 by 7 through email, live chat, and phone. For faster assistance, you can call on our Yahoo customer service contact number (toll-free). We will be more than happy to assist you.