Seeing your Yahoo Mail account taking forever to load is one of the most annoying issues you can face in your account. If you are wondering why your Yahoo Mail is performing so sluggishly and why buttons and menus are responding properly, the problem could either be with your web browser or with the settings of your web browser and/or computer that might be interfering with Yahoo Mail. To know how to fix loading issues with your Yahoo Mail account, go through the information provided below.
Steps to Fix Slow Yahoo Mail Functioning Issue
1.Always Use a Supported Web Browser to Access your Yahoo Mail
If you are using an unsupported web browser to access your Yahoo Mail account, you may not only face loading issues with your Yahoo Mail account but many other issues as well. Therefore, it is always suggested to ensure that you are using a supported web browser to access your Yahoo Mail account on your computer.
2.Keep Your Web Browser Updated
Even though you are already using a support web browser to access your Yahoo Mail account but if the browser is not running with the latest updates, you may still experience loading issues you’re your Yahoo Mail account. So, it is strongly recommended to check and ensure that you are using the latest version of the supported web browser to access your Yahoo Mail account.
For Google Chrome
- Open the Google Chrome web browser on your computer.
- Next, you will need to click on the More menu option located at the upper-right corner of the window. This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the Settings
- In the Settings section, you will need to go to the Advanced section located at the bottom.
- In the Advanced section, go to the “Privacy and security” section and click on the Content settings
For Apple Safari
- Launch the Safari web browser on your computer and go to the Security preferences
- Under the Security preferences section, you will need to turn security warnings on or off.
For Mozilla Firefox
For Microsoft Edge
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser on your computer and click on the More menu (three horizontal dots).
- Next, you will need to select the Open with Internet Explorer
- Then, go to Tools>Internet Options section and select the Custom Level option under the Security
- In the Scripting section, you will need to click Enable for Active Scripting.
- After that, you will need to click the Yes option in the dialog box that displays on your screen.
- Clear Your Browser Cache
Sometimes the cache of your web browser can also affect the performance of Yahoo Mail on your web browser. Therefore, it is suggested to also consider clearing the cache of your web browser when experiencing loading issues with your Yahoo Mail account. Below you can find the steps to clear cache for Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge web browser.
Removing Cache from Google Chrome
- Click on the More icon (three vertical dots) located on the top-left corner in your Chrome browser.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the More tools
- Next, select the Clear browsing data
- Then, select the time range from the top section to remove the cache for a particular duration. However, if you wish to delete everything, simply select the All-time
- After that, you will need to select the checkbox next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” options and press the Clear data option to remove the cache.
Clearing Cache from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the Menu button in your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- From the menu, you will need to select the “Options…” option.
- Then, click on the “Privacy & Security” panel and then select the Clear Data option from the Cookies and Site Data
- After that, you will need to select the checkbox next to the Cached Web Content
- After that, press the Clear button and close the about: preferences page.
Clearing Cache from Microsoft Edge
- Click on the three dots icon located on the upper-right corner of your Edge browser and select the History option from the menu.
- Next, you will need to click on the Clear history
- Then, select the checkbox next to Cached data and files and Cookies and saved website data
- After that, you will need to click on the Clear
Clearing Cache from Apple Safari
- Go to the History section of your Apple Safari web browser and click on the Clear History
- Next, you will need to select how far back you wish to remove your browsing history.
- Then, simply follow the on-screen prompts to clear caches from your Safari web browser.
- Disable Add-ons and Extensions
As some faulty add-ons and extensions installed on your web browser can also interfere with the performance of your Yahoo Mail account, consider disabling them. To know the particular browser enhancement causing the problem, you will need to disable the extension one at a time. Once you find the one causing a loading issue with your Yahoo Mail account, you can remove it from your web browser.
So, these are the common workarounds that should help your fix loading issues with your Yahoo Mail account.
If you need further assistance for fixing loading issues in your Yahoo Mail account, feel free to contact our Yahoo customer service experts. Our experienced professionals are capable of handling all sorts of Yahoo Mail related issues. To reach our experts, you can contact through our toll-free Yahoo customer service phone number, email, and live chat support medium.