Yahoo Mail is one of the most popular email services, offering many features and functionalities. However, like any other email service, your Yahoo emails can sometimes be deleted, lost, or missing. If this happens, there are a few things you can do to try to recover them.
You can recover your lost Yahoo emails by checking the Trash folder, restoring emails from the Spam folder, utilizing the Yahoo Mail Restore feature, and contacting Yahoo support when necessary.
This article will guide you through the steps to recover deleted, lost, or missing Yahoo emails:
Ways to Recover Deleted, Lost, or Missing Yahoo Emails 
Losing important emails can be a frustrating experience, but Yahoo provides several options for recovering deleted, lost, or missing emails.
Recover Deleted Yahoo Emails from Trash Folder
The first place to look for deleted emails in Yahoo is the Trash folder. Yahoo automatically moves deleted emails to the Trash, which remains there for a specific period (7 days) before being permanently deleted. Follow these steps to check the Trash folder:
- Log in to your Yahoo Mail account on a web browser.
- Locate and click on the Trash folder on the left-hand side panel.
- In the Trash folder, scroll through the list of emails to find the deleted email you want to recover.
- Once found, select the email and click on the Move button to restore it to the desired folder.
Restore Emails from the Spam Folder
Sometimes, Yahoo mistakenly identifies legitimate emails as spam and moves them to the Spam folder. To recover an email from the Spam folder:
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Locate and click on the Spam folder on the left-hand side panel.
- Please select the email you want to recover, and click the Not Spam button.
The email will be moved back to your Inbox or the original folder.
Find Missing Emails Using the Search Option in Yahoo
In addition to accidental deletions or misplacement of emails, users also face missing emails in their Yahoo Mail accounts. Whether it’s due to a large inbox, multiple folders, or a specific email being difficult to locate, Yahoo Mail offers a powerful search option to help you quickly and efficiently find missing emails.
- Log in to your Yahoo Mail Account.
- Access the search bar located in the top section.
- Type in a keyword or phrase related to the email you are looking for.
- You can also use the following operators to narrow down your search:
- AND: This operator will return results that include both keywords you have entered. For example, if you type in “invoice AND payment,” you will only see results that contain both the words “invoice” and “payment.”
- OR: This operator will return results that include either keyword you entered. For example, if you type in “invoice OR payment,” you will see results that have either the word “invoice” or the word “payment.”
- NOT: This operator will return results that do not include the keyword you have entered. For example, if you type in “invoice NOT payment,” you will only see results that contain the word “invoice” but not the word “payment.”
- Date range: You can also specify a date range for your search. For example, if you type in “invoice date:2023-01-01:2023-03-31,” you will only see results that were sent or received between January 1, 2023, and March 31, 2023.
- After entering the keyword, click the Search button and wait for the search result to appear on your screen.
- Select the missing email from the search result and click the Move option at the top section.
- Then, from the expanded menu, select the desired folder where you wish to move the folder.
With a little patience and the right search strategy, you’ll be able to locate your missing emails in no time.
To Recover Lost or Deleted Emails by Submitting a Restore Request
You can submit a restore request to Yahoo if you have deleted an email more than 7 days ago. Yahoo may be able to recover your emails for you, but there is no guarantee. To submit a restore request, follow these steps:
- Go to the Yahoo Mail website and log in to your account.
- Click on the Help icon (represented by a question mark) in the top-right corner.
- In the search bar, type Restore lost or deleted emails and press Enter.
- Fill out the restore request form.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions provided by Yahoo to initiate the email recovery process.
In the restore request form, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your Yahoo Mail email address.
- The date range of the emails you are trying to recover.
- Any other information you can remember about the emails you are trying to recover, such as the sender, recipient, or subject line.
Once you have submitted the restore request, Yahoo will review your request and contact you if they can recover your emails.
Here are some additional tips for submitting a restore request to Yahoo:
- Be as specific as possible: The more specific you can be about the emails you are trying to recover, the more likely Yahoo is to be able to find them.
- Provide as much information as possible: The more information you can provide, such as the sender, recipient, or subject line, the more likely Yahoo is to be able to find the emails you are looking for.
- Be patient: Yahoo may take time to review your request and recover your emails.
Contact Yahoo Support:
If the above methods do not work, or if you need assistance with recovering important emails, contacting Yahoo support is recommended. Yahoo has a dedicated support team that can help users retrieve lost or missing emails.