If you are frequently facing issues with your Yahoo Mail account when accessing it using a web browser, the problem is most likely to be occurring due to an incompatible web browser. Although Yahoo products are generally browser-based and known for working best with the latest version of the web browsers (except the “beta” version) such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
If you are using any other web browser to access your Yahoo Mail account, consider switching to the above-mentioned browsers to get the best experience.
However, if you are already using any of these web browsers to access your Yahoo Mail account, make sure that they are running with the latest updates. You can find the steps to update these web browsers below in this guide.
Guide to Update Web Browsers for Best Yahoo Mail Experience
NOTE: If you are using Internet Explorer to access your Yahoo Mail account, unfortunately, it is no longer supported for Yahoo products.
To Update Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Mozilla Firefox web browser on your computer, you will need to click on the Menu button (three horizontal lines). This will open the drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the Help option and then click on the About Firefox This will open the Mozilla Firefox window on your screen.
- Once the Mozilla Firefox window opens on your screen, it will automatically check for updates and download them if available.
- Once the download process gets completed successfully, you will need to click on the Restart to update the Firefox
NOTE: In case the update does not begin, complete or there was some kind of error, consider going to the Systems & Languages page to download and install the latest version for Firefox manually.
- In case you wish to change the Update settings, you will need to click on the Menu button (three horizontal lines) and select the Options Next, in the General panel, you will need to go to the Firefox Updates section and follow the on-screen prompts.
To Update Google Chrome
- To begin with, you will first need to open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Once Chrome gets opened on your screen, you will need to click on the More icon (three vertical dots) located in the top-right corner.
- In case you see that there is an update pending, you will find a colored icon.
- Green: It means that an update was released 2 days earlier.
- Orange: It means that an update was released approximately 4 days earlier.
- Red: It means that an update was released at least a week earlier.
- In case you don’t see a pending update option appearing in the drop-down menu under the More icon, you will need to click on the Update Google Chrome
NOTE: In case you do not find the Update Google Chrome button, it means that you are already using an updated Chrome browser.
- After clicking on the Update Google Chrome button, follow the on-screen prompts, and then click on the Relaunch Your Google Chrome browser will be updated to the latest version.
To Update Safari Browser
In order to keep your Safari web browser running with the latest version of the macOS you are using, you will need to install the macOS updates. This is because the most recent version of macOS comprises the latest version of Safari.
To Update Microsoft Edge
If you are looking to update the Microsoft Edge browser on your Windows computer, you will need to follow these steps.
- To begin with, you will first need to open the Microsoft Edge browser on your computer.
- Once the browser gets launched on your screen, you will need to click on the More menu icon (three horizontal dots) located in the top-right corner. This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to click on the Help and Feedback This will open a small box on your screen.
- In the Help and Feedback box, you will need to click on the About Microsoft Edge option and check if there is any update available for your browser.
- In case you don’t find the update option in the Help and Feedback section, you will need to click on the Settings option in the drop-down menu and look for the Update option under it.
So, these are the different supported web browsers for Yahoo Mail that are known for offering the best experience to the users.