Whether you have multiple Yahoo Mail accounts or you don’t find it useful enough for your needs, no matter the reason you have, if you are looking to do away with your Yahoo Mail account, you can easily terminate it by following the step-by-step instructions provided below. The following guide will provide you information on how you can close your Yahoo Mail account, as well as how you can reactivate your deleted Yahoo Mail account.
Guide to Close or Reactivate Your Yahoo Mail Account
To Close Your Yahoo Mail Account
Before you try to close your Yahoo Mail account, you will need to ensure the following:
- Makes sure that you have taken the backup of your important emails so that you can access them any time you wish to.
- Also, make sure to take a backup of your contacts.
- It is important that you inform your important contacts about the termination of your Yahoo Mail account. Provide them with an alternate email address for future communication.
- If your Yahoo Mail account is associated with social networking accounts or other online services, make sure to change the email address.
After you have considered the above-mentioned suggestions, you can follow the instructions provided below to close your Yahoo Mail account.
- To begin with, you will first need to open a web browser on your computer and sign in to your Yahoo Mail account which you wish to terminate.
- Once you are logged into your Yahoo Mail account, you will need to take the backup of everything as suggested above.
- Once you have taken the backup of your important items and reviewed everything, you will need to go to the Yahoo Account Termination page using the URL – https://yahoo.mydashboard.oath.com/delete-my-account.
- As you will select the link, you will be prompted to sign in to your Yahoo Mail account (if you were logged in already earlier). So, click on the Next button after confirming your Yahoo Mail address on the sign-in page. On the next page, you will need to enter the password and click on the Next button to sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Once you are on the Yahoo Account Termination page, you will need to go through the information mentioned. This is important so make sure to go through it thoroughly before you click on the Continue deleting my account You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter your email address. So, enter your Yahoo Mail address in the provided field and click on the Yes, terminate this account button. As you will click on this button, you will be provided the following notification on the next screen.
Your account has been deactivated and scheduled for deletion.
You no longer have access to this account and it will be deleted from our user database.
- In the Account Termination window, you will need to click on the Got it Your Yahoo Mail account will get closed right away.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to close your Yahoo Mail account. However, if you ever wish to reactivate your Yahoo Mail account, you can do so easily by following the below-mentioned steps.
NOTE: If ever after terminating your Yahoo Mail account you wish to reactivate it, you can easily do it, provided the following condition.
- You will only be able to reactivate your Yahoo Mail account only when you sign in to it within the 30 days of terminating it.
- The reactivation window for Yahoo Mail account registered in India, Australia, and New Zealand is 90 days.
- The reactivation window for Yahoo Mail account registered in Taiwan, Brazil, and Hong Kong is 180 days.
Now, to reactivate your deleted Yahoo Mail account is as follows:
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to the Yahoo sign-in page.
- Once you are on the Yahoo sign-in page, you will need to enter your Yahoo Mail address and password in the provided field as usual.
- As you will click on the Sign-in or Next button, you will be logged into your Yahoo Mail account
- Once you will be signed in to your Yahoo Mail account, your account will be reactivated.
So, these are the steps that will help you to close or reactivate your Yahoo Mail account.