Wondering “how do I turn on Yahoo Mail notifications on my phone”? This article will update you about turning notifications on and off from your device settings and the Yahoo Mail app.
How to Turn on Yahoo Mail Notifications on Your Phone?
Today, communication via mail is limited to official purposes only (since social media platforms have taken over emails for general conversation). If you receive an email, you wouldn’t want to take long to see it and reply. Hence, accessing emails on a mobile phone is the need of the hour. If you are a Yahoo Mail user and want to access all your emails on your phone, Yahoo never stops its users from receiving messages on the smart device.
Go through the steps below to know how to receive notifications on your smartphone.
Turn Notifications on/ off from Device Settings (Android/ Apple):
- For Android Devices
- Unlock your Android device and go to “Settings”.
- From there, you will need to tap the “Notifications and Apps” option.
- Now, tap “Yahoo Mail”.
- You will see the “Notifications” option. Click on it.
- Tap “Show notifications” to enable (on) or disable (off) notifications.
Note: These steps may not work on all Android devices. You may have to contact your device manufacturer for more specific instructions.
- For Apple Phone
- Unlock your device and go to “Settings“.
- From there, you will need to tap the “Notifications” option.
- Now, tap “Yahoo Mail“.
- You will see the “Allow Notifications” option. Click on it to enable (on) or disable (off) notifications.
How to Turn Notifications on/ off from Yahoo Mail App:
Are you using the Yahoo Mail app to check your emails? Here’s how you can turn its notifications on or off from your app.
- Open the Yahoo Mail app and tap the Profile icon.
- You will be prompted to tap the “Notifications” option.
- For “All messages & features” or “Just the categories I choose”, you need to tap enable or disable notifications accordingly.
- If you choose the “Just the categories I choose” option, you should tap the toggles to “enable the types of notifications you would like to receive”.
Never miss out on a notification or what’s important by turning on Yahoo Mail notifications on your smartphone. By following the above steps, you can accomplish the easiest job of configuring notifications to get alerts the moment an email arrives. You can also get updates if there’s breaking news. Since the world is experiencing a tough time due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, you can enable notifications for Coronavirus updates. Check out the workarounds below –
- Tap the Profile icon on the Yahoo Mail app.
- Next, tap the “Notifications” option and then press the toggles “Coronavirus updates” to enable or disable notifications.
“Can I turn desktop notifications on for my Yahoo Mail?”
Yes, you can!
By doing this, you will stay on top of your incoming emails. Not only will you be able to check emails quickly, but also getting back to the contacts has become hassle-free.
Next time, you are working on the computer and your Yahoo Mail account is open in Safari, Firefox, or Chrome, you will see a pop-up every time there’s an email. Go through the steps –
- Click “Settings”.
- Press the “More Settings” option and click “Notifications”.
- Click on or off for Desktop Notifications.
Didn’t get updates? Maybe, you should check your browser settings.
Still, didn’t get notifications? Contact professionals at Yahoo Customer Support!