If you are a regular Yahoo! Mail user, then it is important for you to know the security preferences for your email services. Accessing your yahoo mail from outdated apps makes your yahoo account vulnerable, but thankfully Yahoo handles the situation and blocks the access from these outdated apps, by default now. Here we have provided you the best ways to securely access Yahoo Mail. Read this guidebook to know more details.
Password Errors and Accessing Issues in Older Email Clients
If you are trying to use Yahoo Mail in an older email client such as the older version of outlook, you might receive an “Authentication failed” or a “Server password has changed” error message. This is because those email clients use outdated or obsolete security protocols and Yahoo doesn’t support the access to them now. If you do face the same issue, then you don’t need to worry, as you still have several options available for you.
#1 Apply a Secure Mode to Access Yahoo! Mail
To safely use Yahoo Mail account, then you need to follow some tips as provided below-
- Access your Yahoo mail account through the web. In simpler words, use Yahoo mail website i.e. https://in.mail.yahoo.com
- Install and use the Yahoo Mail app version on your iOS or Android devices.
- Upgrade the latest version of the third-party email app that you use for login into yahoo.
#2 Provide Temporary Access to Outdated Email Client
While you update your outdated third-party apps, you can give temporary access to the old app. Keep in mind that, this is not intended for permanent access and you have to turn it off afterward.
Note: If you update the older email client and give the temporary access to them, you will receive a regular alert reminding you to turn it off.
Steps to Enable Temporary Access on your third-party apps-
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account by using your login details.
- In the next step, go to your “Account Security” tab by clicking on the “Account Info”
- Now, again sign in to your yahoo account by using your password or registered mobile number.
Note: If you have enabled Yahoo Account Key then skip this process.
- Switch On the toggle button presented in front of “Allow apps that use less secure sign-in” and you are done.